Catering Liability Insurance

Protecting your food business with liability insurance

Hopefully nothing will ever go wrong for your business, but if someone does ever take legal action against you, you’ll thank your lucky stars that you had liability insurance.

In addition to either insurance policies for mobile catering businesses or fixed catering and restaurant insurance covers, there are also 3 types of liability insurance for catering businesses and companies:

  • public liability

  • product liability

  • employers’

Anyone who doesn’t recommend that you insure your business under all 3 types of policy does not have your best interest at heart.

Call 0300 124 6866 for your quote and don’t hesitate to contact us for honest advice.

Food Business With Liablity Insurance

What do NCASS catering liability insurance policies cover?

NCASS Liability policies are designed to insure a wide range of catering businesses – whether mobile or trade in one place and whatever your food type. With these catering liability insurance policies, you can be covered for
– Public Liability/Products Liability of either £5,000,000 or £10,000,000
Cover includes
Protection against your legal liabilities for bodily injury to third parties and damage to their property

Exceptions and Limitations
Loss or damage to property in your custody or control
Pollution unless caused by sudden and identifiable incident
The first part of any claim (the excess)

– Employers Liability £10,000,000
Cover includes
Legal cost and expenses in defending prosecution under health and safety legislation
Unsatisfied court judgements in favour of employee injured in your employment by third parties
Legal expenses in connection with Corporate Manslaughter

Exception and Limitations
Cover for acts of terrorism is limited to £5,000,000 per event
Bodily injuries of employee whilst carried in or upon a vehicle

– Optional Business All Risks – Cover for your property following accidental loss or damage
Exception and limitations
Wear and tear, gradual deterioration, faulty or defective design, material or workmanship
Theft from unattended vehicle not involving forcible or violent entry


Public Liability Insurance

Public Liability Insurance

Protection against claims if the public get hurt because of your business

We’ll cover you for £5 million

Product Liability Insurance

Product Liability Insurance

Cover against claims from anyone who gets hurt because of your product

We’ll cover you for £5 million

Employers’ Liability Insurance

Employer's Liability Insurance

Protection should any employees or contractors get injured working for you

We’ll cover you for £10 million

Get your liability protection 100% right with expert advice

Contact our team of experts today to get tailored insurance advice. As caterers ourselves, we have been working within the catering industry for over 30 years and are striving to help your food business be safe, legal and profitable. Our insurance broker partner, will be walking you through the policies details and explaining the cover options available to you. It is then your choice, knowing that you have an understanding of the insurance you require. You can then make an informed decision, knowing that you have best and most adequate protection for you specified type of catering business.

Need to know legal info: liabilities insurance for caterers

1. If you employ even just one person, the law requires that you take out employer’s liability insurance to protect you and your business.
2. An unpaid volunteer working under your instruction can also be classified as an employee.
3. If you’re a mobile caterer, you’ll find that most local authorities and event organisers actually require you to have a minimum of £5 million public liability cover if you want to bid for pitches.

Available add-on policies

NCASS also offer additional insurance covers, such as:

Equipment Insurance
– protection against loss, theft or damage for catering equipment – that includes generators.

Business Interruption Insurance
– protection so you can keep earning even if your unit gets stolen or damaged.

And lots more
– including stock, glass & money cover – just give us a call on 0121 603 2524 for advice and cover.

Additional benefits to these policies


Up to 15% discount for NCASS members


Free legal helpline for NCASS members


No limit to the number of staff


Instant quote & fast


Documents emailed to you


Call 0300 124 6866 for your quote
Protect your food business. Protect your future.

More covers you could use…

  • Motorised Food Van Insurance – Protect your food van against loss, theft or damage > Find out more
  • Towed Caterer Trailer Insurance – Work from a trailer? You can protect that too > Find out more