Catering Liability Insurance
Protecting your food business with liability insurance
Hopefully nothing will ever go wrong for your business, but if someone does ever take legal action against you, you’ll thank your lucky stars that you had liability insurance.
In addition to either insurance policies for mobile catering businesses or fixed catering and restaurant insurance covers, there are also 3 types of liability insurance for catering businesses and companies:
- public liability
- product liability
Anyone who doesn’t recommend that you insure your business under all 3 types of policy does not have your best interest at heart.
Call 0121 603 2524 for your quote and don’t hesitate to contact us for honest advice.
What do NCASS catering liability insurance policies cover?
NCASS liability policies are designed to suit all catering businesses – whether you’re mobile or trade in one place, and whatever your food type. With these catering liability insurance policies you’ll be covered for the costs of correcting any damage, medical fees for injuries, legal representation and other related expenses.
Public Liability Insurance
Protection against claims if the public get hurt because of your business
We’ll cover you for £5 million
Product Liability Insurance
Cover against claims from anyone who gets hurt because of your product
We’ll cover you for £5 million
Employer’s Liability Insurance
Protection should any employees or contractors get injured working for you
We’ll cover you for £10 million
Get your liability protection 100% right with expert advice
Contact our team of experts today to get tailored insurance advice. As caterers ourselves, we have been working within the catering industry for over 30 years and are striving to help your food business be safe, legal and profitable. Unlike most other insurers out there, we will be walking you through the exact policies and covers you and your business need, to make sure you have the best and most adequate protection for your specific type of business.
Need to know legal info: liabilities insurance for caterers
1. If you employ even just one person, the law requires that you take out employer’s liability insurance to protect you and your business.
2. An unpaid volunteer working under your instruction can also be classified as an employee.
3. If you’re a mobile caterer, you’ll find that most local authorities and event organisers actually require you to have a minimum of £5 million public liability cover if you want to bid for pitches.
Available add-on policies
NCASS also offer additional insurance covers, such as:
- Equipment Insurance – protection against loss, theft or damage for catering equipment – that includes generators.
- Business Interruption Insurance – protection so you can keep earning even if your unit gets stolen or damaged.
- And lots more – including stock, glass & money cover – just give us a call on 0121 603 2524 for advice and cover.
Additional benefits to these policies
Up to 15% discount for NCASS members
Free legal helpline for NCASS members
No limit to the number of staff
Instant quote & fast
Documents emailed to you
Call 0121 603 2524 for your quote
Protect your food business. Protect your future.